Often associated with a lot of spices and thick tangy gravies, Punjabi food just don’t end up here.Some heavenly dishes appetizing your mouth with some creamy balanced flavors, having a natural sweetness are also a part of it.This is the dish i will put up to show this side of Punjabi food.From last 4 years i have been enjoying this gourmet at home as it is one of an all time favorite of my mother. Though i can’t even think of competing my mother in this, making it for the 3rd time but it is the inheritance of taste that i have got from her.Trying to replicate the same taste “Mai Teri Maa Hu”( i am your Mother in Hindi) mom would say.This is the recipe very close to heart and i had to share.
Time : 40 Min
Cuisine: North Indian
– 200 Gm Paneer ( cottage Cheese)
– 2 Medium White Onions
– 1 + 1/2 cups Methi (fenugreek Leaves)
– 1/2 cup Fresh Cream
– 3-4 Tbsp Ghee
– 2/3 Cup Cashew nuts
– 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped ginger
– 1/2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
– 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
– 1 Large Green chilly (finely Chopped)
– 1 Tsp Garam Masala
– Salt as per Taste
– Water as required
– Cut Paneer into Dices and keep it aside in Water. Wash and chop Fenugreek Leaves
– Cut white onions into half and blanch it in boiling water for 3-4 min. it is a optional step which ensures that white onions Don’t give a pungent rawness.
-Make a paste of onions,cashews green chillies,ginger and garlic without water.
– Add Ghee to a non stick kadai, add the cumin seeds saute it for 30 seconds and add the grounded paste to it.
– Add salt along with Garam Masala Cook it for around 15-20 minutes with some water until it starts leaving the sides of Kadai
-keep it stiring so that it doesn’t stick to bottom.
– Now add Chopped Fenugreek leaves, cream and simmer it for around 5 minutes.
Garnish it With Fresh Cream and Serve.