Cakes are a part of every celebration, often thinking that we cannot make a good cake we choose the option of spending so much bucks on a cake but this is a misconception, we cam make perfect cakes at out home. All we need is an Oven or OTG , a correct recipe and appropriate ingredients.Though you will require little skill to do icing over cake but that could also be you piece of cake after some practice. Try this basic sponge recipe, it can also become a good part of your celebration.
Time: 30-35 minutes
– 100 Gm Refined Flour
– 100 Gm Butter
– 100 gm Caestar Sugar
– 3 Eggs
– 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
– 5-6 Drops Vanilla Essence
-20 ml Milk
– Beat The eggs with vanilla essence util they become fluffy and around 3 times in volume.
– Cream Butter in a bowl until pale yellow in color and gets light, Add sugar to it and mix it well
– Pour in around 2 Tbsp of egg to it and Fold gently with the butter sugar mixture. Repeat this till all the egg and butter gets mixed properly without any Lumps.
-Add Milk, Sieve Refined flour and baking powder to it and mix with cut and fold method using a silicon Spatula.
– Take a half pound cake Mold and line it with fat and butter paper over it or instead of paper dust it with flour
– Add the mixture and Bake at 180 c for 20 min until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
NOTE: If lumps are formed in batter while folding eggs in butter add 1 tbsp of flour and mix it to remove the lumps
– Once the cake mix it ready Bake it do not keep it for Long time.
Often associated with a lot of spices and thick tangy gravies, Punjabi food just don’t end up here.Some heavenly dishes appetizing your mouth with some creamy balanced flavors, having a natural sweetness are also a part of it.This is the dish i will put up to show this side of Punjabi food.From last 4 years i have been enjoying this gourmet at home as it is one of an all time favorite of my mother. Though i can’t even think of competing my mother in this, making it for the 3rd time but it is the inheritance of taste that i have got from her.Trying to replicate the same taste “Mai Teri Maa Hu”( i am your Mother in Hindi) mom would say.This is the recipe very close to heart and i had to share.
Time : 40 Min
Cuisine: North Indian
– 200 Gm Paneer ( cottage Cheese)
– 2 Medium White Onions
– 1 + 1/2 cups Methi (fenugreek Leaves)
– 1/2 cup Fresh Cream
– 3-4 Tbsp Ghee
– 2/3 Cup Cashew nuts
– 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped ginger
– 1/2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
– 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
– 1 Large Green chilly (finely Chopped)
– 1 Tsp Garam Masala
– Salt as per Taste
– Water as required
– Cut Paneer into Dices and keep it aside in Water. Wash and chop Fenugreek Leaves
– Cut white onions into half and blanch it in boiling water for 3-4 min. it is a optional step which ensures that white onions Don’t give a pungent rawness.
-Make a paste of onions,cashews green chillies,ginger and garlic without water.
– Add Ghee to a non stick kadai, add the cumin seeds saute it for 30 seconds and add the grounded paste to it.
– Add salt along with Garam Masala Cook it for around 15-20 minutes with some water until it starts leaving the sides of Kadai
-keep it stiring so that it doesn’t stick to bottom.
– Now add Chopped Fenugreek leaves, cream and simmer it for around 5 minutes.
Garnish it With Fresh Cream and Serve.