Served With Coulis ,Caramel or chocolate sauce. Panna Cotta is an Italian Dessert, prepared by molding Fresh Sweetened Cream using Gelatin, Often flavored with different natural and artificial Flavors. This chilled,melt in mouth pudding is relished all around the globe. Plenty of variants are there, but this one comes with the freshness of mint,nutty flavor of coconut and pungent Candied Ginger.
– 1 Cup Skimmed Milk
– 2 Cup Fresh Cream
– 1/3 Cup Sugar
– 1+1/2 Tsp Gelatin
– 2 Tsp Dried Mint Powder
– 1 Tbsp Freshly chopped Mint
– 2 Tbsp Desiccated Coconut
– Add gelatin to 1 Tbsp Warm water, mix it and keep it aside.
– Bring Cream ,sugar and Dried Mint powder on low flame in a heavy bottom saucepan until it comes to boil, stirring occasionally
– Then Add Milk, Fresh Mint and Gelatin mixture to it and cook it for 2-3 minutes
– Put them Into Ramekin molds and set them in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
– Scrape the edges of the mold and demold them on a plate.
– Top it with 1/2 Tbsp of Desiccated coconut on each and garnish with Mint and Candied Ginger.
For Candied Ginger:
– Peel the ginger Root and cut them into 1/8 inch thick Slices
– In a pan, Boil them in water for 20-25 minutes until Tender
– Drain them but keep 1/4 cup of cooking liquid aside.
– Take equal Quantity of Sugar to that of ginger, Put Ginger, sugar in cooking liquid on medium flame until the liquid is evaporated and a thick coat of sugar syrup is there on Ginger slices.
– coat them with caster sugar and store it.