National Soup of Italy, Minestrone is a thick soup made from tomatoes,onions,vegetables usually topped with pasta or boiled Rice. Classical soup has a fixed recipe but modernism led to use of the available seasonal ingredients, Every continental menu features this soup as an appetite to be relished and a healthy option to take.Non Vegetarian version is also made using chicken stock as a base or any other meat broth. 1/3rd part is vegetables and rest 2/3rd is Liquid.
Portion : 4
Type : SOUP
– 1+1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
– 2 Medium Diced Onions
– 6-8 Chopped Garlic cloves
– 200 Gm Tomato Concasse
– 1 Liter Vegetable Stock
– 1 Small Diced Carrot
– 30 Gram French Beans/ Green Peas
– 2 chopped celery Stalks
– 1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
– 2-3 Gm Fresh Basil
– Salt as per Taste
– 1 Tsp Black pepper
– 20 Gm Parmesan Cheese
– Heat Olive Oil on Medium Flame, Add diced onions and cook till Translucent, Add chopped Garlic and cook for 30 sec.
– Add Carrots , celery stalks ,green Peas. Cook for a while and add tomato concasse to it.
– Add veg Stock and Bring it to Boil. Low the flame and simmer it for around 10-12 minutes.
-Add macaroni and simmer until it softens and all the ingredients gets cooked.
– Adjust the seasoning( salt, pepper,Oregano).
– Put it in Bowls and Top it with Fresh Basil before Serving.