Street food stalls to expensive food outlets, ‘Nutri Kulcha'(soybean chunks with baked Kulcha) has made a good impression on street food lovers of Punjab in last few years.I have been craving this from half decade in my hometown or wherever i go in Punjab i would definitely find people serving this delectable combination of spicy soybean and classic Indian bread. Classically served with mint chutney and pickled onions, it can be made more appetizing and healthy at home.
Time : 25-30 min
– 1 Bowl Soybean Chunks
– 1+1/2 Tbsp Oil
– 3 medium Onion
– 2 Tomatoes
– 2 inch dice Ginger(optional)
– 3 Tbsp Yogurt
– 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
– 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
– 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
– 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
– Salt ( as per Taste)
– Coriander leaves/ Mint
– Boil soya chunks in hot water with little salt added to it, until they are soft & tender.
– Stain & Remove water by squeezing gently and chop them in small pieces
– Dice onions , chop deseed tomatoes and chop ginger finely.
– Add oil in hot pan, add onions and once they get golden brown in color add ginger garlic paste to it.
– Saute for a minute,add tomatoes and all powdered spices to it.
– once tomatoes get little soft, Add soya chunks to it along with 1 cup of water.
– simmer it for 10 minutes and then add yogurt. cook it for further 10 minutes until spices leave their oil and the chunks absorb all the flavor and become tender
Garnish it and Serve with baked Kulcha & onions 🙂
Add Chat Masala at the end to make it little Tangy