– 500 GM Chicken
– 60 GM Butter(salted)
– 2/3 Cup Lemon Juice(Fresh)
– 1/2 Cup Grated Ginger
– 2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander
– Salt as per Taste
– 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
– 1/4 Tsp Sugar(optional)
– Take a Heavy Bottom Pan or Pressure Cooker, Add Half Butter(30 gm) along with all the Ingredients as mentioned above.
Plate the Chicken pieces, Pour the reduced sauce and Garnish with char-grilled Lemon, Ginger Julennes and Mint Leaves.
Cakes are a part of every celebration, often thinking that we cannot make a good cake we choose the option of spending so much bucks on a cake but this is a misconception, we cam make perfect cakes at out home. All we need is an Oven or OTG , a correct recipe and appropriate ingredients.Though you will require little skill to do icing over cake but that could also be you piece of cake after some practice. Try this basic sponge recipe, it can also become a good part of your celebration.
Time: 30-35 minutes
– 100 Gm Refined Flour
– 100 Gm Butter
– 100 gm Caestar Sugar
– 3 Eggs
– 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
– 5-6 Drops Vanilla Essence
-20 ml Milk
– Beat The eggs with vanilla essence util they become fluffy and around 3 times in volume.
– Cream Butter in a bowl until pale yellow in color and gets light, Add sugar to it and mix it well
– Pour in around 2 Tbsp of egg to it and Fold gently with the butter sugar mixture. Repeat this till all the egg and butter gets mixed properly without any Lumps.
-Add Milk, Sieve Refined flour and baking powder to it and mix with cut and fold method using a silicon Spatula.
– Take a half pound cake Mold and line it with fat and butter paper over it or instead of paper dust it with flour
– Add the mixture and Bake at 180 c for 20 min until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
NOTE: If lumps are formed in batter while folding eggs in butter add 1 tbsp of flour and mix it to remove the lumps
– Once the cake mix it ready Bake it do not keep it for Long time.
Often associated with a lot of spices and thick tangy gravies, Punjabi food just don’t end up here.Some heavenly dishes appetizing your mouth with some creamy balanced flavors, having a natural sweetness are also a part of it.This is the dish i will put up to show this side of Punjabi food.From last 4 years i have been enjoying this gourmet at home as it is one of an all time favorite of my mother. Though i can’t even think of competing my mother in this, making it for the 3rd time but it is the inheritance of taste that i have got from her.Trying to replicate the same taste “Mai Teri Maa Hu”( i am your Mother in Hindi) mom would say.This is the recipe very close to heart and i had to share.
Time : 40 Min
Cuisine: North Indian
– 200 Gm Paneer ( cottage Cheese)
– 2 Medium White Onions
– 1 + 1/2 cups Methi (fenugreek Leaves)
– 1/2 cup Fresh Cream
– 3-4 Tbsp Ghee
– 2/3 Cup Cashew nuts
– 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped ginger
– 1/2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
– 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
– 1 Large Green chilly (finely Chopped)
– 1 Tsp Garam Masala
– Salt as per Taste
– Water as required
– Cut Paneer into Dices and keep it aside in Water. Wash and chop Fenugreek Leaves
– Cut white onions into half and blanch it in boiling water for 3-4 min. it is a optional step which ensures that white onions Don’t give a pungent rawness.
-Make a paste of onions,cashews green chillies,ginger and garlic without water.
– Add Ghee to a non stick kadai, add the cumin seeds saute it for 30 seconds and add the grounded paste to it.
– Add salt along with Garam Masala Cook it for around 15-20 minutes with some water until it starts leaving the sides of Kadai
-keep it stiring so that it doesn’t stick to bottom.
– Now add Chopped Fenugreek leaves, cream and simmer it for around 5 minutes.
Garnish it With Fresh Cream and Serve.
Served With Coulis ,Caramel or chocolate sauce. Panna Cotta is an Italian Dessert, prepared by molding Fresh Sweetened Cream using Gelatin, Often flavored with different natural and artificial Flavors. This chilled,melt in mouth pudding is relished all around the globe. Plenty of variants are there, but this one comes with the freshness of mint,nutty flavor of coconut and pungent Candied Ginger.
– 1 Cup Skimmed Milk
– 2 Cup Fresh Cream
– 1/3 Cup Sugar
– 1+1/2 Tsp Gelatin
– 2 Tsp Dried Mint Powder
– 1 Tbsp Freshly chopped Mint
– 2 Tbsp Desiccated Coconut
– Add gelatin to 1 Tbsp Warm water, mix it and keep it aside.
– Bring Cream ,sugar and Dried Mint powder on low flame in a heavy bottom saucepan until it comes to boil, stirring occasionally
– Then Add Milk, Fresh Mint and Gelatin mixture to it and cook it for 2-3 minutes
– Put them Into Ramekin molds and set them in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
– Scrape the edges of the mold and demold them on a plate.
– Top it with 1/2 Tbsp of Desiccated coconut on each and garnish with Mint and Candied Ginger.
For Candied Ginger:
– Peel the ginger Root and cut them into 1/8 inch thick Slices
– In a pan, Boil them in water for 20-25 minutes until Tender
– Drain them but keep 1/4 cup of cooking liquid aside.
– Take equal Quantity of Sugar to that of ginger, Put Ginger, sugar in cooking liquid on medium flame until the liquid is evaporated and a thick coat of sugar syrup is there on Ginger slices.
– coat them with caster sugar and store it.
National Soup of Italy, Minestrone is a thick soup made from tomatoes,onions,vegetables usually topped with pasta or boiled Rice. Classical soup has a fixed recipe but modernism led to use of the available seasonal ingredients, Every continental menu features this soup as an appetite to be relished and a healthy option to take.Non Vegetarian version is also made using chicken stock as a base or any other meat broth. 1/3rd part is vegetables and rest 2/3rd is Liquid.
Portion : 4
Type : SOUP
– 1+1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
– 2 Medium Diced Onions
– 6-8 Chopped Garlic cloves
– 200 Gm Tomato Concasse
– 1 Liter Vegetable Stock
– 1 Small Diced Carrot
– 30 Gram French Beans/ Green Peas
– 2 chopped celery Stalks
– 1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
– 2-3 Gm Fresh Basil
– Salt as per Taste
– 1 Tsp Black pepper
– 20 Gm Parmesan Cheese
– Heat Olive Oil on Medium Flame, Add diced onions and cook till Translucent, Add chopped Garlic and cook for 30 sec.
– Add Carrots , celery stalks ,green Peas. Cook for a while and add tomato concasse to it.
– Add veg Stock and Bring it to Boil. Low the flame and simmer it for around 10-12 minutes.
-Add macaroni and simmer until it softens and all the ingredients gets cooked.
– Adjust the seasoning( salt, pepper,Oregano).
– Put it in Bowls and Top it with Fresh Basil before Serving.
This cheesy dip goes well with fried as well as non fried food, so pick your finger food and dip it in this cheesy garlic sauce of dipping consistency to enhance the appetite of your meal.It is so simple that anyone can make it.
Time: 10 Min
Course: Sides (Dips)
– 1/2 cup grated mozzarella Cheese
– 2 Tsp Finely chopped Garlic
– 2 Tbsp fresh Cream
– Salt as per taste
– 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
– Blend Cheese and cream in a food processor,you can also add very little water to adjust the consistency
– Mix in Chopped Garlic, salt and pepper
– Dip is ready
If you Don’t have a food Processor-
– Cream cheese using a spoon or spatula, add cream,salt, pepper and mix them well such that cream and cheese are not separated, they should mix together
This Dip Can Be accompanied with Baked Potato wedges. For recipe CLICK HERE
Street food stalls to expensive food outlets, ‘Nutri Kulcha'(soybean chunks with baked Kulcha) has made a good impression on street food lovers of Punjab in last few years.I have been craving this from half decade in my hometown or wherever i go in Punjab i would definitely find people serving this delectable combination of spicy soybean and classic Indian bread. Classically served with mint chutney and pickled onions, it can be made more appetizing and healthy at home.
Time : 25-30 min
– 1 Bowl Soybean Chunks
– 1+1/2 Tbsp Oil
– 3 medium Onion
– 2 Tomatoes
– 2 inch dice Ginger(optional)
– 3 Tbsp Yogurt
– 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
– 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
– 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
– 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
– Salt ( as per Taste)
– Coriander leaves/ Mint
– Boil soya chunks in hot water with little salt added to it, until they are soft & tender.
– Stain & Remove water by squeezing gently and chop them in small pieces
– Dice onions , chop deseed tomatoes and chop ginger finely.
– Add oil in hot pan, add onions and once they get golden brown in color add ginger garlic paste to it.
– Saute for a minute,add tomatoes and all powdered spices to it.
– once tomatoes get little soft, Add soya chunks to it along with 1 cup of water.
– simmer it for 10 minutes and then add yogurt. cook it for further 10 minutes until spices leave their oil and the chunks absorb all the flavor and become tender
Garnish it and Serve with baked Kulcha & onions 🙂
Add Chat Masala at the end to make it little Tangy
A place where Love is served edible. No Bill,Food without any price tag , A simple 4 course meal served with love, Respect towards food and Humanity where someone has already paid for our meal and we have to pay for the next coming person. A pouch given at the end where you can put the amount you want to give. “SEVA CAFE” where living is Giving and I fall in Love with a Mousse served as Dessert at this Magical Place.A very Simple yet a Toothsome Dessert, whose simplicity is the best Part of it.I had my first spoon and felt like having a dessert with complicated concoctions but then second spoon realized me, It was just Whipping cream with Cadbury Oreo Biscuits. Throwing some light on the place this cafe was opened on the concept of Atithi Devo Bhava which means to treat guest as God and this can really be seen ,when their modest staff serves food as you are a part of their family.In the See-saw of loss and profit they bear all the loss collectively but the 100% of any profit is used for support social service.This dining experience gave me enormous words to write and share.
Seva Means service and they are providing the service we offer to our known relatives who come our home, not to their known people but to the strangers whom they don’t even know .Their logo pictured above well describes their zeal towards food and humanity, i really appreciate how they have linked food with Morality because Having food is the most conventional stock of all the Humans, it is a run of mill which can connect million souls and this cafe is doing so from past decade, earlier they used to serve a well planned a-la carte menu but now they have made it more simpler, Everyday there is a new complete four course menu served to 50 Guests from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm, At every visit you will see different humble faces working to make this place more magical and spiritual. All the small elements adding to the artistic ambiance, gives a unforgettable experience of positivity and belief in mankind.So one visit from your busy time is a must to complete and carry on the chain of giving and you could even do the volunteer service in this food temple by contacting them.
Talking about the food ,it can compete to any of the star restaurants, because that extra portion of love makes the food more delicious, working with proper hygiene they create mouthwatering dishes which are full of appetite and a good eye appeal.you will get a balanced meal including drink and sweet dish and i brought the charm of that oreo mousse back home and created it to share with everyone. Here is the recipe.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 5 Cadbury oreo Biscuits (choco-vanilla)
Whip cream for a minute and then add biscuits to it by crushing them and whip it again for 2-3 minutes so that biscuits gets properly mixed
Cool it in refrigerator if required
Note: You can also obtain a proper mousse consistency by whipping it well for 5-6 minutes
You will obtain a thick creamy consistency according to the above recipe. You can make it likewise, I would prefer it to be in cream consistency.
Often entering the Kitchen Most of us feel that cooking should be easy,simple and less time consuming,Most of the people somehow run from complicated recipes and don’t even try out for cooking a gourmet. But i am making an effort for them, turning a very simple recipe of Tomato Soup more simpler such that you would never feel having small time to cook this.
Time: 15 Min
You Will Need-
– 2 Cups Water
– 6 Medium Ripe Tomatoes
– 4-5 Garlic Clove
– 2 Tbsp Oil
– 1 Bay Leaf
– 1 Small Onion
– Salt as per taste
– 1/4 Tsp Black pepper Powder
1- Cut tomatoes in rough medium dices and cut onion into 2 halves.
2- Crush the garlic by smashing it by something
3- Put cut Tomatoes, onion , Garlic, Water and oil in a Pressure cooker and close the lid
4- Put on flame until it whistles 4 times,Remove from flame and let the steam out for 4-5 min.
5- Process the Liquid into a Food Processor or use a Hand Blender and stain
6- Add salt pepper, Heat it and stain again before serving.
7- Garnish it with Cream or Coriander Leaf
From a Big Restaurant to a small Food Truck or outlet, This variation of French Fries is served as an accompaniment or it is accompanied with sour cream and Sauce.Large unpeeled wedges of Potatoes are baked or fried which is an all time favorite of junk food eaters.I will show you the Baked version of this which is as simple as making french fries.
– 4 Medium Size Potatoes
– 3 Tbsp Oil
– 1 Tsp Salt
– 1/2 Tsp Mixed Herb Seasoning
– Wash Potatoes properly and Par Boil them(upto 70%), after boiling rinse them properly using a dry kitchen towel.
- Cut them into half lengthwise , then half into another half making wedges, cut another Half making 8 wedges(unpeeled) from 1 potato
- Coat all the wedges with oil and seasonings and put them on a Baking tray
- Put them in a Preheat oven at 200 degree c and bake them for 20-25 minutes untill golden brown and tender.
Serve with the Sauce you Want